Taxes and Business Strategy
by Erickson, Hanlon, Maydew, Shevlin
ISBN: 978-1-61853-321-0 | Copyright 2020Tabs
Welcome to the sixth edition of Taxes and Business Strategy.
Through integration with traditional MBA topics, Taxes and Business Strategy provides a framework for understanding how taxes affect decision-making, asset prices, equilibrium returns, and the financial and operational structure of firms.
MBA students and graduates embarking on careers in investment banking, corporate
finance, strategy consulting, money management, or venture capital. Also great
for entrepreneurs and for general knowledge of personal financial planning.
All four authors actively teach the tax and business strategy course and provide relevant examples from both classroom and real-world consulting experience.
Practical Uses for Business Strategy
Learn the practical uses for business strategy that can be applied to your everyday life.
Analysis and explanatory material help the reader understand, think about, and retain information.
- Updated for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Organizational form chapter updated to incorporate the Qualified Business Income Deduction for pass through entities.
- International tax chapters updated to incorporate a broad discussion of available options for taxing multinational activity and the methods chosen in the TCJA, including the GILTI, the BEAT, and the FDII.
- Tax rates and other rules updated
throughout the book
- Combined prior chapters 5 and 7 to
streamline the book
- Combined prior chapters 10 and 11 to streamline international tax coverage
- Added a new Savings Vehicle in
- Solutions Manual
You must have an instructor account and submit a request to access instructor materials for this book.